You know there are a few things that you have always wanted to say out, put it on record, but never really did. I have always been a wallflower. I have tried to blend in groups, and failed. Every single time.
I carry with me a list. A list of things that define me. Things that stop me from fitting in. Things that I don’t admit. Things that I slowly stopped accepting. Sometimes though you ought to say them out loud. So, here it goes.
- I am socially awkward. I have tried making small talk, but I have always fail. I cannot keep a conversation going. I absolutely lack those skills. I want to talk to people sometimes but, I don’t know the algorithm to do so. Even when I really want to talk to someone, I fail terribly. Initiating a conversation is a Herculean task for me. I am absolutely bad at keeping touch with people. This, has cost me many of my friends.
- The world is a very lonely place to be. They say the idea of love or “the one” is overrated. You don’t need someone to complete yourself. You are self-sufficient. Wouldn’t it be nice though to have someone you could go back to anytime and talk about absolutely anything without any fear or hesitation? Isn’t this the “one” everyone seeks?
- I don’t really like music. Rock, pop, sufi, classical, hardly any of it. Music for some is a relaxant and for some a hobby. For me, it is just noise. Plain noise. Give me dead silence over music any day. Coming to parties, let’s not even talk about it. Nothing makes me more uncomfortable than those trippy lights and loud music.
- I crave deep meaningful conversations. Not just talking but communicating. I feel that I often give out the impression that I am not very keen on talking. If only one could look through my mind. My social awkwardness reigns supreme.
- The thing that I hate the most? The fact that people build/modify their opinions about a person based on what others have to say about him/her despite already knowing and understanding that person. If someone is nice to me why should I believe you when you say that he is not a nice person. As long as he is nice to me, everything’s fine.